Requirements for Renters
We Are Your Utah Residential Real Estate Team.
Requirements for Renters
Thank you for considering renting a property from Action Team Realty. We have outlined below our policies and procedures and the criteria we use to select a tenant for the properties we manage.
Our Policies and Procedures:
- YOU MUST DO AN IN PERSON WALK THROUGH OR DO A VIDEO WALK THROUGH WITH THE PROPERTY MANAGER TO APPLY. WE WILL NOT TAKE ANY APPLICATIONS WITHOUT ONE OF THESE TWO BEING DONE. IF YOU DO TRY AND SUBMIT AN APPLICATION, IT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FIRST IN LINE.
- Action Team Realty, its agents, and employees adhere to Fair Housing requirements and guidelines and do not discriminate against protected classes. These classes include but are not necessarily limited to the following: race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, gender, source of income, sexual preference, and familial status or the presence of children.
- Each person who is 18 years of age or older, who will be residing in the property, must make an application with Action Team Realty.
- Applications are made through our website www.ActionTeamUtah.com/rent
- Each applicant must pay $40.00 to Action Team Realty prior to our processing the application. Online applications must provide information of their bank account and authorize the withdrawal/charge of $40.00 from that account for the applicant.
- Action Team Realty will not consider an application until all individuals who will be living in the property, 18 years of age and older, have submitted their individual application.
- If your application is denied for any reason and you are applying with co-applicants, you may not later apply on your own.
Our Criteria for Selecting an Applicant:
Action Team Realty is looking for a tenant who will pay their rent on time; maintain the property; and abide by the terms of the lease, as well as the HOA rules and regulations if applicable, and be a good neighbor and citizen. Since there is no guarantee that any applicant will maintain the property, Action Team must rely on an applicant's past performance as well as their current financial situation.
Therefore, we will consider the following items when reviewing any applicant's request:
- Do you have a good rental history? For rental verifications, we will use LandLord Verification™ Online, a third-party vendor. Go to their website using our custom link www.landlordv.com/ATR and create your tenant account. Our custom link will also be used as part of your login credentials. There is an $8.25 fee for up to 3 landlord references. We require current and previous landlord references for each Applicant. 2-3 years of history is required. Seperate households who have different rental history need to creat their own tenant account.
- Do you have good credit? We will obtain a credit report and determine whether you pay your bills on time. Your credit report allows us to see the history of whether you pay your obligations on time. We require a minimum 620 (for all applicants, not limited to one) credit score. Action Team Realty and its Owners reserve the right to accept applications with less than 620 credit scores but could require extra deposit(s), more rent per month, shorter term leases, or cosigners.
- Are you currently employed and does your combined income equal approximately three times the amount of the monthly rent? We require two (2) months worth of pay stubs in addition to employment verification from your employer.
- Self Employed? We do require 2 years of tax returns, current and last year profit and loss statement, and 6 months of bank statements to verify income.
- Do you have a criminal record? We will obtain a Criminal Background Report, which does contain arrest and conviction records as well as evictions, foreclosures, bankruptcies, etc. (We require a government-issued Photo ID card.) Action Team Realty and its Owners reserve the right to accept individuals who do not have a Social Security Number or Government issued ID on a case-by-case basis. Action Team Realty and its Owners could require extra deposit(s), more rent per month, shorter term leases, or cosigners.
- Do you have pets? Owners have the right to accept or deny on case by case basis. If you do have a pet, you will be charged an extra deposit and extra rent per month and this will vary depending on breed, age, and size. Action Team Realty and its Owners have the right to deny pets based on breed, age, and size. All pets are to be registered on PetScreening.com
- Do you have an Emotional Support Animal (ESA)? Action Team Realty and its Owners abide by all Fair Housing rules including allowing and accepting ESA. We do require per State and Federal Guidelines legitimate documentation of ESA and Doctor prescription of an ESA to have on file. Per State and Federal Guidelines, we DO NOT charge additional monthly fees or additional security deposits to have an ESA.
- Do you smoke/vape? We do not rent to individuals who smoke or vape. Neither do we rent to individuals who grow, sell, use, or possess Federal illegal drugs. This includes smoking on the premises.
- Roommates? Action Team Realty and its Owner abide by all City and State guidelines and most cities allow up to three (3) non related people, occasionally there's a city that will allow four (4). Please contact us directly on what guidelines apply.
Because no two applicants are the same, we use our best judgment, based on the information we have been able to verify in selecting our tenants. Applicants are accepted on the most-qualified basis, not on a "first come, first served" basis. Until we have approved your application and you have given us certified funds in the amount required for the security deposit, which will be no less than the equivalent of one full month's rent, we will continue to market the property and accept applications. Based on current market conditions, we may accept an applicant which falls short of our standard requirements. In such cases, we may require a higher security deposit. We do accept Section 8 applicants, but they must meet the rest of our minimum requirements.
Fees (if applicable):
- $40 application fee for every individual 18 years of age or older who will be living at the property.
- $200 prepaid inspection fee for your move-out inspection.
- Once a year you must get your furnace serviced, currently $96. Once a year you must get your A/C (if applicable) serviced, currently $96.
- Occasionally a property we manage will allow pets; in that circumstance there is an additional fully refundable pet fee per pet. This fee can vary depending on breed, age, and size. Carpets must be cleaned every year by a vendor of Action Team's choosing.
- Every tenant must retain Renters Insurance adding Action Team Realty as an additional insured.
Action Team Realty's Property Management Team